THE BACKYARD FARMER’S GUIDE TO CARE AND FEEDING
90 minutes / 2 W, 3 M
Free spirit Lorena was the cool mom Mags always wanted. Until she wasn’t.
- Playwrights' Center (Minneapolis, MN) table reading January 2016
“I am a collector of broken-winged birds.”
90 minutes / 1 W, 3 M
Being on the lam from Homeland Security is just the thing to fuel Nick’s youthful fire. But blood ties have this funny way of complicating things.
- Miner Combat (North Adams, MA) staged reading 2017
- Williams Theatre Lab (Williamstown, MA) staged reading 2015
- Curio Theater (Philadelphia, PA) staged reading, 2014
“One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter!”
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
90 minutes/ 3 W, 4 M
A La-Z-Boy chair and a lethal chocolate cream pie. A prepubescent daughter with pyro tendencies. A wife and two brothers caught up in A game of cosmic pinball. And the deceased, who are very much around. This party’s just beginning.
- Staged reading at Sydelle and Lee Blatt Performing Arts Center, 2014
“How’s about a few Jewish rituals, just to even the playing field— Marshmallow peeps and matzo ball soup—right, honey?”
75 minutes / 2 W, 3 M
Happy graduation, Miranda! And shoot us an e-mail when you figure out your life…
- Selected scenes at Berkshire Festival of Women Writers, 2012
“Why is it that every time I come home, I regress?"
OUR LADY OF BROAD STREET
30 minutes/1W, 1M, 1 actor TBD
When a stain unexpectedly appears on the eve of a swanky hotel's re-opening, Alice is forced to question her life-long assumptions about what is--and what might be.
THE MARROW IN THE BONE (part of 365 Women a Year: A Playwriting Project)
45 minutes/1W, 1M
Elena Molokhovets’ immensely popular homemaker’s guide, A Gift to Young Housewives was published in 1861. On the same day, Tsar Alexander II issued a proclamation emancipating the serfs. Grand Guignol meets music hall.
- Workshop Production (Williamstown, MA), July 2107
- Berkshire Festival of Women Writers "Women's Shorts" (at Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA), April 2017
THIS IS WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS
10 minutes/3W, 1 M
In the glare of home, love--or is it infatuation?--can look pretty different.
- 24-Hour Play Project (at University at Albany, sponsored by WAM), April 2016
10 minutes/ 1 W, 1 M
Funny how different things can look in the light of day.
EL CAMBIO, or THE CHANGE
10 minutes/ 1 W, 1M
Whatever you call it, middle age is...a change.
THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
10 minutes / 1W, 1M
Andrew and Allison think the trip to the Magic Kingdom was going to be just another ironic, 20-something escapade. But this time, that old pixie dust just isn’t working.
- Hubbard Hall Winter Carnival of New Work, 2015
"Tweety-baby, you're going right on top of the Christmas tree!"
10 minutes / 3 W
Ah, motherhood. Except for a little thing called “baby”.
- Made in the Berkshires, 2014
“Last semester, when I was waddling through “Macbeth”, all I could hear, over and over and over again, was ‘Sleep no more/Baby X will murder sleep.’”
MINI MOMMY DETOX
1 minute / 3 W
A glass of wine, or two, or three, couldn’t hurt.
- One-Minute Sprint (Boston Theater Marathon Weekend), 2015
SPREAD MY ASHES NEAR THE RENTAL
10 minutes / 1 W, 1 M
If“eternity” exists, who do you want to spend it with?
- Made in the Berkshires, 2013
“Spend eternity next to Jill and Andy Connolly? I can’t even spend 10 minutes with them.”
MARY DURNING’S SOUP AND OTHER CULTURAL DIVIDES
10 minutes / 1 W, 2 M (one M voice is off-stage)
Who would’ve guessed a bag of Mint Milanos could come between them.
- Philadelphia Primary Stages "Back in Black", 2016
- Boston Theater Marathon, 2013
“Please tell me your mom didn’t buy those little bags of Fritos. Of course she did. Why do I even ask?”
ADDITIONAL PLAYWRIGHTING INFO
Semi-finalist, PlayPenn Summer 2016 Conference
2014 through 2016 Playwright-in-Residence, Barrington Stage Company Playwright Mentoring Project
May 2015 Participant at Space on Ryder Farm playwright residency
2013 Company Blogger for Barrington Stage Company Playwright Mentoring Project